Arquillian/Graphene/Drone

Greg Martz-2
Does anyone out there use the above combination?  There is not a whole lot out there that I've been able to find and I'm really struggling.  Perhaps it will just not meet my needs?  I don't do any deployments, I just test against a website.  I can't find a way using Drone to instantiate a webdriver to a certain URL runtime.  I can't put an @Location() in the PageObject because that changes depending on what environment the testng test is run against.  Anyone have any working examples?

Thanks!
Greg

Greg

Re: Arquillian/Graphene/Drone

Jonathan Herbaut
I'm not using Arquillian for testing because I'm from .NET world. But when I see the benefits of Arquillian, Graphene and Drone and what you really needs, I don't understand why you wanted to use them absolutly.
Why don't you just simply use a framework test like JUnit to make what you want ?
Maybe I'm missing something concerning your needs.

Does anyone out there use the above combination?  There is not a whole lot out there that I've been able to find and I'm really struggling.  Perhaps it will just not meet my needs?  I don't do any deployments, I just test against a website.  I can't find a way using Drone to instantiate a webdriver to a certain URL runtime.  I can't put an @Location() in the PageObject because that changes depending on what environment the testng test is run against.  Anyone have any working examples?

Thanks!
Greg

Greg

Re: Arquillian/Graphene/Drone

Greg Martz-2
Actually, JUnit and Arquillian are not even close to being the same.  JUnit (actually I'm using TestNG) is a test execution framework.  Graphene sits on top of Selenium and has quite a few powerful methods and makes using Selenium quite powerful and robust.  Drone sits on top of the WebDriver and does the same thing.  That's the reason.

I'm just struggling how to bypass the arquillian.xml and the @Location.

Thanks!
Greg

Greg Martz
Test Analyst III - eBusiness Lead QA Automation Analyst  |  (425)416-5039  |  [hidden email]

"Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use to the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message."