Cannot see IDE menus

Michael McTighe
I downloaded Selenium 3.0 and running Firefox 5.57.  I want to run javascripts and all the web documents do not show Selenium IDE 3.0 screens.  See attached.  The menu's are not shown on my Selenium window even though the scripts run fine with just Selenium commands.  I want to use Javascript to create a data driven script.  I am unsure how 3.0 is supposed to run since the IDE screen is different then the 2.* screens.  Any information much appreciated.

Re: Cannot see IDE menus

Tomer Steinfeld
New IDE documentation is underway, and will be available on the SeleniumHQ website shortly, please note, that due to the fact that IDE 3.0 is fairly new bloggers didn't have the time to update their resources about it.
Other than that, the new design does not have menus in it, is there a specific reason you need it? what are you trying to achieve?
What do you mean by data driven script? where are you getting the data from?

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 7:11:48 AM UTC+2, Michael McTighe wrote:
I downloaded Selenium 3.0 and running Firefox 5.57.  I want to run javascripts and all the web documents do not show Selenium IDE 3.0 screens.  See attached.  The menu's are not shown on my Selenium window even though the scripts run fine with just Selenium commands.  I want to use Javascript to create a data driven script.  I am unsure how 3.0 is supposed to run since the IDE screen is different then the 2.* screens.  Any information much appreciated.

Re: Cannot see IDE menus

Michael McTighe
I have a csv file that contains data I want to store in my selenium variable so I can test different values of the same web pag

Powered by Cricket Wireless

Re: Cannot see IDE menus

Tomer Steinfeld
I'll need to figure out an elegant solution for that.
The new extension format doesn't let me read files from your computer, you have to select them via a dialog, and loading the csv like that every time would be a pain,
Let alone remembering to load that.
At the moment I don't have an idea, but I'll keep you posted, it's definitely in the back of my mind.