Command from Recorder fails

GW-5
The following command was copied from the Selenium Recorder in Firefox:

This command fails when used in a Test Case with TestRunner.hta

Can anyone please advise? I'm new to Selenium.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Command from Recorder fails

Alexandre Garel

Alan Davidson a écrit :

>The following command was copied from the Selenium Recorder in Firefox:

>This command fails when used in a Test Case with TestRunner.hta
>
>Can anyone please advise? I'm new to Selenium.

There seems to be differences between firefox and IE such that IE
doesn't handle well this kind of xpath expr (with too complex attributes
values, for example containing spaces).
Won't you be able to use a link=blah locator or id=.... ?
Hope it helps.
Alex

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.

RE: Command from Recorder fails

David Lee-9
Hello Alan
I ran into the same problem before.
However, I ended using the link name instead of path.
so I have something like the following

and on the side notes.
if clickAndWait doesn't response well, you can alawys use click
then add a pasue..

I hope this will help u

David

The following command was copied from the Selenium Recorder in Firefox:

This command fails when used in a Test Case with TestRunner.hta

Can anyone please advise? I'm new to Selenium.

Regards,
Alan

winmail.dat (7K) Download Attachment