Current Selenium Test Platforms

John Resler
My work group is having some issues working with Selenium (any version), Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.
Can anyone tell me what operating system/browser combinations the selenium group runs it regression suites against?
Is anyone else reporting issues with Windows 10/IE 11? Thanks for your help.

- JR

Re: Current Selenium Test Platforms

BlackFrost
Hey @theobg,

I'm regularly running tests on Win10/IE11 and Win Server 2012 / IE11 with no showstoppers.
Some details on the exact issue you are observing?

-
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 6:38:07 AM UTC+12, theobg wrote:
My work group is having some issues working with Selenium (any version), Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.
Can anyone tell me what operating system/browser combinations the selenium group runs it regression suites against?
Is anyone else reporting issues with Windows 10/IE 11? Thanks for your help.

- JR

Re: Current Selenium Test Platforms

Luc Delmon
Hi,

I do have some problems too, only with this exact combo (W10 and IE 11).

I got a Javascript error on launch whatever the test is doing.

I'm using IEDriverServer 3.4.0.

The documentation here talk about some adittional configuration for IE11 http://www.seleniumhq.org/about/platforms.jsp#browsers.

Didn't change a thing for me but maybe it'll work for you

Le mercredi 21 juin 2017 04:27:15 UTC+2, BlackFrost a écrit :
Hey @theobg,

I'm regularly running tests on Win10/IE11 and Win Server 2012 / IE11 with no showstoppers.
Some details on the exact issue you are observing?

-
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 6:38:07 AM UTC+12, theobg wrote:
My work group is having some issues working with Selenium (any version), Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.
Can anyone tell me what operating system/browser combinations the selenium group runs it regression suites against?
Is anyone else reporting issues with Windows 10/IE 11? Thanks for your help.

- JR

Re: Current Selenium Test Platforms

John Resler
We're using Windows 10, release 1607 with IE 11 on a 64 bit machine. This was the combo that broke our tests. Our tests have been run locally in the Eclipse IDE using 32 bit Java 1.8_133. We're using the 32 bit versions as the Selenium group indicates the 64 bit version is slow. We also execute the tests using Maven independently from the IDE.

The problem we're seeing is a failure for the test to even launch. I have the driver logging at debug level but I don't see anything specific to a failure. The browser does not launch. We have two small smoke test suites and neither are launching right now.

Testing inside the company indicates that with all of the Selenium IE Driver settings:
1. Protected mode settings all the same
2. Enhanced protected mode on
3. A registry entry specific to Win 32 and the additional entry for IE 11

We work fine on Windows 7 but the 1607 version of Windows 10/IE 11 fails for all of us.

I appreciate your response.

- John

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:58 AM, Luc Delmon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

 (Joker to Batman)

 Don't talk like one of them. You're not!
 Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me!
 They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper!
 You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble.
 They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down,
 these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other.

 See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

 -- The Joker