Dockerize appium server

Venkata Anil Babu G

Hi all
We are planning to dockerize appium server but some how when trying to run the script we are getting error unable to find android device

Can anyone plz help

Re: Dockerize appium server

David
Have you tried existing docker versions of Appium? That might be better than building your own, or at least check the existing ones for how they do things to base yours against. Some examples:

https://discuss.appium.io/t/dockerizing-appium-tests/7664
https://github.com/appium/appium-docker-android
https://github.com/vbanthia/appium-docker-demo
https://www.slideshare.net/shreenivassekar/test-inside-containers-dockerise-appium-tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGW6ycW_tTQ

and back to your issue, how exactly have you done the dockerization? Along with networking and port setup, exposure? And running docker on what host OS/platform?

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:33:17 AM UTC-7, AnilBabu wrote:

Hi all
We are planning to dockerize appium server but some how when trying to run the script we are getting error unable to find android device

Can anyone plz help

Re: Dockerize appium server

Venkata Anil Babu G
Hi David,
Below are the things i have done.

Ran the below docker command.
docker run --privileged -d -p 6080:6080 -p 5554:5554 -p 5555:5555 -p 4723:4723 -e DEVICE="Samsung Galaxy S6" -e APPIUM=True --name android-container butomo1989/docker-android-x86-7.1.1

When i try to ran then unable to find android device iam getting below error