Elements added on the fly

Anshu
Hi,

I'm testing an application which creates graphs(similar to a flowchart).

Which has a start node and an end node in the beginning.

There is a menu through which more nodes can be added on the page and can be connected to existing nodes.

My challenge is if I want to automate this application using Selenium then how do I find the element locator for the nodes added on the fly.

Can someone please tell me if this is even possible using Selenium.

Thanks!

Re: Elements added on the fly

Anshu
Hi,

Could someone please help me. I'm unable to find answer to this over the web.

Thanks!

On Thursday, 12 July 2018 05:09:09 UTC+1, Anshu wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing an application which creates graphs(similar to a flowchart).

Which has a start node and an end node in the beginning.

There is a menu through which more nodes can be added on the page and can be connected to existing nodes.

My challenge is if I want to automate this application using Selenium then how do I find the element locator for the nodes added on the fly.

Can someone please tell me if this is even possible using Selenium.

Thanks!

Re: Elements added on the fly

Brenda Granados
One suggestion I could make is to use a loop that looks for those items of type every few seconds. For example, if you know they will be of the form li[contains (@attribute, "item")], then count the ones you have initially, and check occasionally for changes.

Re: Elements added on the fly

Venugopal Gadiparthi
take the x,y coordinates of nodes and try with moveToElement() then moveByOffSet() methods of Actions Class.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Venugopalg,
Contact#: +91 9581075263

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:10 AM, Anshu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing an application which creates graphs(similar to a flowchart).

Which has a start node and an end node in the beginning.

There is a menu through which more nodes can be added on the page and can be connected to existing nodes.

My challenge is if I want to automate this application using Selenium then how do I find the element locator for the nodes added on the fly.

Can someone please tell me if this is even possible using Selenium.

Thanks!

Re: Elements added on the fly

Anshu
Thanks for the replies Brenda and Venu,

Brenda, thanks for the pointers I'll try and use that approach

Venu, I was thinking to get the x and y co ordinates also we need to first locate that element. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!