Entries in "prefs.js" are not in "about:config"

Entries in "prefs.js" are not in "about:config"

GW-5
I use FF 1.5.0.1.  I have included several "capability" preferences in "prefs.js", using "User.js". However, they do not appear in "about:config".

I would be grateful if anyone could confirm that they can actually see "capability" preferences in "about:config".

On this fourum I have seen posts relating to the "capability" preferences. Exmple: "   remote testing".

I have also seen "capability" discussed on other sites:

http://www.pbworks.net/?Useful_guides:Allow_copy%2Fpaste_in_Firefox
http://forum.websitebaker.org/index.php/topic,935.0.html
http://forum.mamboserver.com/archive/index.php/t-18136.html
http://wiki.mozcn.org/index.php/Firefox:aboutconfig_C     //In Chinese!  */

Regards,
Alan

Re: Entries in "prefs.js" are not in "about:config"

GW-5
It seems only predefined entries show up in about:config, so you won't be able to edit these settings there.

If you want to delete entries defined in user.js, you will have to open prefs.js in your profile directory and delete the entries manually while Firefox is closed. Of course you also have to remove these entries from user.js, as they would be written back to prefs.js the next time you start Firefox again.

Re: Entries in "prefs.js" are not in "about:config"

GW-5
I don't want to delete entries defined in "user.js", I want to *add* entries containing the "capability" policy. I have tried to do so, but I cannot see them in about:config.

The purpose of this post is to determine whether other users have seen the same problem, or whether I am doing something wrong.

What I would like users to do is:

1) Open "prefs.js". See if there are any "capability" entries. (Estimated time: 30 seconds)

2) If there are, open "about:config", and see if the same entries are there. (Estimated time: 15 seconds)

If you answer "yes" to both questions, then I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Alan