Gmail automation

p.magisterska1234
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

CH!NN@ K
Hi Magisterka, It is working for me To and Subject input fields. Refer this link for gmail automation : http://techlearn.in/content/sikuli-and-selenium-scripts-composing-mail-gmail-using-selenium

---
Thanks & Regards,
Purushotham Karimbedu,
Druapl Developer and QA Engineer,
Website for Selenium : http://techlearn.in

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

riponalwasim
Hi Machiej,

what code did you try for that?

ripon

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

Bharat Pottipareddy
Hi Machiej,

"CK Editor" recognition is tough with selenium. You may need to integrate with robotium or some other 3rd party tool to perform action on it.

Regards,
Bharat.P

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Ripon Al Wasim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Machiej,

what code did you try for that?

ripon

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝
Maciej,
Why would you want to automate the Gmail GUI ?
Unless and until you are actually part of the google team that is responsible for building gmail application itself, I don’t see any reason why you should resort to taking a UI route for interacting with gmail mails, instead of resorting to using libraries such as JavaMail and access the emails via APIs. IMO that is going to give you a lot more better control with respect to what sort of operations you would want to do with respect to mails.

My 2 cents !

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

Re: Gmail automation

Andreas Tolfsen
Please heed to Krishnan's advice here.  There are absolutely no good
reasons you'd want to run an automation script against GMail.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Krishnan Mahadevan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why would you want to automate the Gmail GUI ?
> Unless and until you are actually part of the google team that is
> responsible for building gmail application itself, I don’t see any reason
> why you should resort to taking a UI route for interacting with gmail mails,
> instead of resorting to using libraries such as JavaMail and access the
> emails via APIs. IMO that is going to give you a lot more better control
> with respect to what sort of operations you would want to do with respect to
> mails.

Re: Gmail automation

Rajeev Prabhakaran Nair
Gmail page consist of dynamic webelements, you have to use xpath / css path carefully to meet the requirements.

I have used below xpath locator to identify the body.

driver.findElement(By.xpath("//div[contains(@class,'gmail_default')]"));

its working fine for me.

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 15:43:27 UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

mr. Selenide
Hi Maciej!
Here is a working sample project for testing GMail:
https://github.com/selenide-examples/gmail

You can checkout and run it locally with a few minutes.
Feel free to share your feedback.

четверг, 18 декабря 2014 г., 12:13:27 UTC+2 пользователь [hidden email] написал:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

mr. Selenide
Good morning!

I have recorded a short video demonstrating how GMail test works:

https://vimeo.com/115448433

четверг, 18 декабря 2014 г., 12:13:27 UTC+2 пользователь [hidden email] написал:
i want to automate gmail gui, everything is fine (i can type  the addesses in the "To" text area and
Type the subject to the "Subject" input ) but i cannot get to body text area and type anything

Could you help me ?

Cheers,
Maciej

Re: Gmail automation

Gopi Prasadreddy
public static void main(String[] args) throws InterruptedException
{
System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\Users\\gopi\\Downloads\\chromedriver_win32\\chromedriver.exe");
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver();
//System.setProperty("webdriver.Firefox.Firefoxdriver", "C:\\Users\\gopi\\Downloads\\geckodriver-v0.16.1-win64(1)");

//WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
driver.get("https://mail.google.com");
driver.findElement(By.id("identifierId")).sendKeys("XXXXXXX");
driver.findElement(By.xpath("/html/body/div[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[2]/form/div[2]/div/div[2]/div[1]/content/span")).click();
Thread.sleep(4000);
 //driver.findElement(By.xpath("/html/body/div[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[2]/form/div[2]/div/div/div[1]/div/div[1]/div/div[1]/div/div[1]/input")).sendKeys("XXXXXXXXX");
driver.findElement(By.xpath("//*[@id='password']/div[1]/div/div[1]/input")).sendKeys("XXXXXXX");
Thread.sleep(4000);
driver.findElement(By.xpath("/html/body/div[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[2]/form/div[2]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/content/span")).click();
Thread.sleep(20000);
//compose button
driver.findElement(By.xpath("//*[@id=':xy']/div/div")).click();
Thread.sleep(4000);
//to address
driver.findElement(By.id(":13l")).sendKeys("[hidden email]");
Thread.sleep(4000);
//subject
driver.findElement(By.id(":135")).sendKeys("TEST");
Thread.sleep(15000);
// for text
driver.findElement(By.xpath("html/body/div[14]/div/div/div/div[1]/div[3]/div[1]/div[1]/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div/div[4]/table/tbody/tr/td[2]/table/tbody/tr[1]/td/div/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div/table/tbody/tr/td[2]/div[2]/div")).sendKeys("this is gopiprasad sending text mail");
Thread.sleep(4000);
// file add
// driver.findElement(By.id(":14y")).click();
// driver.findElement(By.id("_hf1")).click();

Thread.sleep(4000);
//select file
//driver.findElement(By.xpath("desktop")).sendKeys("C:\\Users\\gopi\\Desktop\\interwiew");
//Thread.sleep(4000);
driver.findElement(By.id(":12v")).click();
Thread.sleep(10000);
driver.findElement(By.xpath("//*[@id='gb']/div[1]/div[1]/div[2]/div[4]/div[1]/a/span")).click();
Thread.sleep(4000);
driver.findElement(By.id("gb_71")).click();
Thread.sleep(4000);