How can I view the results of my selenium tests?

How can I view the results of my selenium tests?

GW-5
How can I view the results of my selenium tests?
after running them what's next?

Re: How can I view the results of my selenium tests?

Alexandre Garel

rgeL a écrit :
> How can I view the results of my selenium tests?
> after running them what's next?

huh ? I may miss something as the question seems so simple.
Just click on the test url in the test suite (left panel in test runner)
and you will see which actions are green or red with explanations on why
they failed.
If you're looking for automation, just look at the Continuous
Integration section here : http://openqa.org/selenium/testrunner.html.
Hope it helps
Alex.

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.

Re: How can I view the results of my selenium tests?

GW-5
Hi Alex,
I had a similar question in my mind when I started using Selenium.. Maybe this is what the writer means.

In other tools there is often a standard logging location where log files are written to.  after executing a large number of tests the user may wish to parse a group of log files to mine the Pass Fail statistics from them.

Is there any userfunctions.js extension that someone has written whereby a user can say

turnLoggingOn      |   level=Debug                      |
logToFile              |  **FilePathLocation**           |

and if that exists is there also a custom logging function whereby a user could have specific test information added to the log at runtime such as:

storeValue           |        userName                    |    userID
appendToLogFile  |  the user name is ${userID}  |

I think this would be a huge plus as well and just wondering if anyone has already solved it.  (note that it is possible to write to a file in an HTA, not sure about Chrome)

-thanks
Ken

Ken Mizell a écrit :

> Hi Alex,
> I had a similar question in my mind when I started using Selenium.. Maybe this is what the writer means.
>
> In other tools there is often a standard logging location where log files are written to.  after executing a large number of tests the user may wish to parse a group of log files to mine the Pass Fail statistics from them.
>
> Is there any userfunctions.js extension that someone has written whereby a user can say
>
> turnLoggingOn      |   level=Debug                      |
> logToFile              |  **FilePathLocation**           |
>
> and if that exists is there also a custom logging function whereby a user could have specific test information added to the log at runtime such as:
>
> storeValue           |        userName                    |    userID
> appendToLogFile  |  the user name is ${userID}  |
>
> I think this would be a huge plus as well and just wondering if anyone has already solved it.  (note that it is possible to write to a file in an HTA, not sure about Chrome)
>
> -thanks
> Ken

Never heard about a logging function. As I see it, up to now, selenium
focuses on the normal testRunner mode, that's why the only way to get a
final result was to use the auto=true parameter and have a server-side
service which could receive the result.
The logging facility could be easy to write as a user extension which
keeps thinks a javascript array, then post it with the final result.