How to Run C# Selenium program in a Docker Linux container?

How to Run C# Selenium program in a Docker Linux container?

Naveen Dennis Barnabas
Hi All,

I have not found samples of the combination ["C#" , "Selenium", "Docker"] anywhere else in the internet. So, I would love it if you could help me.

The exact issue that I am facing is "
Starting ChromeDriver 2.38.552522 (437e6fbedfa8762dec75e2c5b3ddb86763dc9dcb) on port 40599
Only local connections are allowed.

Unhandled Exception: OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
My entire problem is not posted here so that the email is concise. Hope there is someone out there who has tried using these technologies out there.

Regards,
Naveen

Re: How to Run C# Selenium program in a Docker Linux container?

Sindhu Jvs
Hi ,
 Selenium Firebug and firepath not avaliable in latest version of firefox how to resolve it

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:22 AM, Naveen Dennis Barnabas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have not found samples of the combination ["C#" , "Selenium", "Docker"] anywhere else in the internet. So, I would love it if you could help me.

The exact issue that I am facing is "
Starting ChromeDriver 2.38.552522 (437e6fbedfa8762dec75e2c5b3ddb86763dc9dcb) on port 40599
Only local connections are allowed.

Unhandled Exception: OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
My entire problem is not posted here so that the email is concise. Hope there is someone out there who has tried using these technologies out there.

Regards,
Naveen

Re: How to Run C# Selenium program in a Docker Linux container?

Jonathan Herbaut
The code you tried to execute launch a Windows container hosted by a Docker container hosted by a Linux machine.
The error you get is normal. When I see your container definition, it seems like your container didn't have a Chrome.
Try to build an container with the binary requested, it will works better.
On the other side, you can use Selenium Grid to let some others machines run your tests.