How to enable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome or Firefox?

skd

How to enable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome or Firefox?

skd

I have some legacy regression tests that open a page to display a flash interface that the user interacts with, but these tests all started failing recently because the flash interface does not load. I know support for flash is going away in many browsers, but we need to make sure that changes to the server-side code continues to work with flash for as long as possible. We are migrating to HTML5 interfaces as quickly as we can...

It doesn't matter whether these legacy tests are run in Chrome or Firefox. On Chrome, a place holder is displayed with "Click to enable Adobe Flash Player". On Firefox, the <div> containing the Flash object is not shown at all. Has anyone been able to enable Flash in either browser? I know that it was decided to disable Flash for Firefox by default, so I’m guessing Chrome would be the better option.

Windows 7 & 10
Selenium (Java) 3.7.1
Chrome 62.0.3202.89 with chromedriver 2.33
Firefox 56.0.2 with geckodriver 0.18.0

Thanks!

skd

chromedriver.log (9K) Download Attachment
skd

Re: How to enable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome or Firefox?

skd
I found the answer (for Chrome) to my question here. Adding these preferences to the Chromedriver's options worked for me.

ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
Map<String, Object> prefs = new HashMap<>(); // Enable Flash prefs.put("profile.default_content_setting_values.plugins", 1); prefs.put("profile.content_settings.plugin_whitelist.adobe-flash-player", 1); prefs.put("profile.content_settings.exceptions.plugins.*,*.per_resource.adobe-flash-player", 1); options.setExperimentalOption("prefs", prefs); ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 5:42:50 PM UTC-5, skd wrote:

[...]

Dhiraj Jha
I want to do this using python for chrome selenium.
I just want to enable flash and all plugins while I run my python script using selenium.
Now it is blocking and I had to do it manually.
Firefox I am able to do but I want to use chrome.
Any lead would be great help.