IF I am using older version of Selenium Standalone server do I need to install olderJavaClients

IF I am using older version of Selenium Standalone server do I need to install olderJavaClients

NewforSelenium
Hi ,

I am new in selenium Webdriver with Java . I am trying to use older version of selenium Standalone let say 2.53 , DO I need to install older version of  selenium client and web driver  language Binding . I can se Latest selenium stand alone is  3.12 and for java selenium Client is 3.12
https://docs.seleniumhq.org/download/

The reason I am going for older one is because its more stable and I can use FireBug FirePath for  Xpath .
appreciated for any suggestion

Regards

Re: IF I am using older version of Selenium Standalone server do I need to install olderJavaClients

Shawn McCarthy-2
Can you please give an example of how it (selenium 2.53) is more stable than the latest 3.12 version?

Also, Firebug/Firepath features are built into firefox now I believe. You can also use Chrome Developer tools.

Lastly, Why do you want to use xpath? You should only need to use xpath for going UP the DOM, or for finding elements by text. In these two cases, it is probably best to ask the dev team to add better id's or classes or something unique to the elements so you can find them easier.

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 10:33:50 PM UTC-7, NewforSelenium wrote:
Hi ,

I am new in selenium Webdriver with Java . I am trying to use older version of selenium Standalone let say 2.53 , DO I need to install older version of  selenium client and web driver  language Binding . I can se Latest selenium stand alone is  3.12 and for java selenium Client is 3.12

The reason I am going for older one is because its more stable and I can use FireBug FirePath for  Xpath .
appreciated for any suggestion

Regards

Re: IF I am using older version of Selenium Standalone server do I need to install olderJavaClients

NewforSelenium
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for response ,  I had some issue with Latest selenium and Latest firefox driver , when I do some online research its says firefox 47 version is compactable with selenium 2.53 that why I think selenium 2.53 is more stable .
Back to my question can you please suggest do I need to download the JAR file from older version or I can still use latest version .

Thanks again

<a onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.seleniumhq.org%2Fdownload%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPXMKUXiB-nvKhG4j7qtJx5enh_w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.seleniumhq.org%2Fdownload%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPXMKUXiB-nvKhG4j7qtJx5enh_w&#39;;return true;" href="https://docs.seleniumhq.org/download/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://docs.seleniumhq.org/download/