Installation & Configuration - Please forgive my ignorance

Installation & Configuration - Please forgive my ignorance

Mortimer Duke
I presently use VBA within Excel to automate a series of processes by passing command-line parameters through Shell commands.  From what I've read, Selenium may enable me to have greater control over the browser and do some real-time validation which would greatly increase the degree of automation and eliminate several time-consuming manual processes.

I programmed just enough long ago to make enough sense of VBA to work for me, but much of the nomenclature, especially pertaining to configuring Selenium is Greek to me - no matter how many times I reread it or try to research further to better understand what I've read.  I would be tremendously grateful for any available assistance which may help to "bottom line" a handful of questions with answers I hopefully can understand.

I presently am running Office 2016 on a 64-bit Windows 10 computer and the most current version of Firefox.  I am a HUGE believer in less being more, so my PC is as close to a default configuration as I've been able to maintain.  Hopefully nothing about it requires special configuration for Selenium to work.

My goal is to download and install/configure the correct Selenium assets to enable my VBA scripts from within Excel 2016 to interact with Firefox, but I don't know exactly which packages to download and/or install.  Can someone please point me to the correct download file(s)?  If any step-by-step exists, I'd be glad to do as much of the heavy lifting as I'm able to understand.

To begin with, is "Selenium Basic" all I require?  If so, can someone please help me identify the most current version?

Thanks in advance to any and all with the time and patience to help me overcome my ignorance.

RE: Installation & Configuration - Please forgive my ignorance

PeterJeffreyGale .-2
I presume you are looking here: http://florentbr.github.io/SeleniumBasic/

Click on the "View on Githib" link at the top of the page, which should take you here: https://github.com/florentbr/SeleniumBasic

Click in the "Download ZIP" link to get the latest release.

Extract and run it. You will then have a "Selenium Library" to reference in your VBA code

Re: Installation & Configuration - Please forgive my ignorance

Gordon Prince
I downloaded the zip file and extracted it. But then what? Do I have to build the solution with VB.NET? Or is there something in the download that I can install and use from VBA directly?

Thanks.

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 5:04:01 AM UTC-5, PeterJeffreyGale wrote:
I presume you are looking here: <a href="http://florentbr.github.io/SeleniumBasic/" style="font-size:12pt" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fflorentbr.github.io%2FSeleniumBasic%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEGQqVARhIAl5SzsvtlcN3or3ajVw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fflorentbr.github.io%2FSeleniumBasic%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEGQqVARhIAl5SzsvtlcN3or3ajVw&#39;;return true;">http://florentbr.github.io/SeleniumBasic/

Click on the "View on Githib" link at the top of the page, which should take you here: <a href="https://github.com/florentbr/SeleniumBasic" style="font-size:12pt" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fflorentbr%2FSeleniumBasic\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFXdzyQueV5bw0jw_x2mfa-DUiWIQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fflorentbr%2FSeleniumBasic\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFXdzyQueV5bw0jw_x2mfa-DUiWIQ&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/florentbr/SeleniumBasic