Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

praveen sharma
hello all,

Can someone please help me by answering all the questions mentioned below. I have been asked these in one of the interviews recently

1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
2. How do you maintain your scripts
3. Database connectivity
4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

Re: Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

pranab singh

Hi praveen i have all ur answer but we people's really don have time.
Which ans u expect the most. Say me, will ans u. Soon in a sec

On 18-Dec-2014 12:20 PM, "praveen sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello all,

Can someone please help me by answering all the questions mentioned below. I have been asked these in one of the interviews recently

1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
2. How do you maintain your scripts
3. Database connectivity
4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

Re: Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

praveen sharma
the 4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
and 7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM, pranab singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi praveen i have all ur answer but we people's really don have time.
Which ans u expect the most. Say me, will ans u. Soon in a sec

On 18-Dec-2014 12:20 PM, "praveen sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello all,

Can someone please help me by answering all the questions mentioned below. I have been asked these in one of the interviews recently

1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
2. How do you maintain your scripts
3. Database connectivity
4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

Re: Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

http://thebuddhatree.blogspot.in/
Hi Praveen,

You may try on google. Above said question are quite common.

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:20:24 PM UTC+5:30, praveen sharma wrote:
hello all,

Can someone please help me by answering all the questions mentioned below. I have been asked these in one of the interviews recently

1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
2. How do you maintain your scripts
3. Database connectivity
4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

Re: Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

pranab singh

Ajax can be controlled by the expected conditions class ie using explicit wait conditions.You can give an amount of time to make the webdriver to wait until u expect some conditions to take place in the web browser.
You can check the expected and actual results using Assertion class eg.
Assert.you will have many methods to check.

On 18-Dec-2014 12:58 PM, "praveen sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Venkatesh Singh
1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
      helper methods, e.g reading properties file, connecting db

2. How do you maintain your scripts.
     maintenance has two parts to it, maintenance due to AUT changes and maintenance due to platform changes.
3. Database connectivity.

4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 16:27:02 UTC+5:30, praveen sharma wrote:
thanks pranab

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM, pranab singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ejPk3R9yRvYJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">pran...@...> wrote:

On 18-Dec-2014 12:58 PM, "praveen sharma" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ejPk3R9yRvYJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">praveen.sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM, pranab singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ejPk3R9yRvYJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">pran...@...> wrote:

On 18-Dec-2014 12:20 PM, "praveen sharma" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ejPk3R9yRvYJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">praveen.sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, 19 December 2014 00:13:37 UTC+5:30, Venkatesh Singh wrote:
1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
      helper methods, e.g reading properties file, connecting db

2. How do you maintain your scripts.
     maintenance has two parts to it, maintenance due to AUT changes and maintenance due to platform changes.
3. Database connectivity.
         depends on  programming language , for java http://www.javatpoint.com/steps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java

4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
        ExplicitWait
5. Describe your framework.
6. How to configure ANT
       Create your build.xml, and within projects tag mention your targets.
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation
    import org.testng.Assert;

To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\75email\46utm_source\75footer';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\75email\46utm_source\75footer';return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\75email\46utm_source\75footer';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\75email\46utm_source\75footer';return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝
Not sure why people don't understand that these sort of stereo typed questions now appear only on websites which promise you of helping prepare you for an interview.

I don't think any interviewer resorts to asking such questions which can be readily googled for on the net.

Interviews are meant to bring out different aspects of your "real" experience and interviewers know how to extract them out.

As Oscar said... Thats just me hollering out my opinions.

Krishnan M
iSent.iPad.

On 19-Dec-2014, at 08:34, Oscar Rieken <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

total QA
These questions might helpful to get more knowledge of selenium and java.

Regards,
total-qa.com

On 19-Dec-2014, at 08:34, Oscar Rieken <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XXvbUOjFzh8J" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">bis...@...> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Venkatesh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XXvbUOjFzh8J" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">tovenk...@...> wrote:

         depends on  programming language , for java <a href="http://www.javatpoint.com/steps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.javatpoint.com%2Fsteps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE03bhSjHoApRwZP45DFscXZuVILw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.javatpoint.com%2Fsteps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE03bhSjHoApRwZP45DFscXZuVILw&#39;;return true;">http://www.javatpoint.com/steps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java

To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BPTtDQ%3DXJOHJR0pQQF%3D2u-8-7c5YNcQRsPSm-brSr7OOw%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKbxU%2BN3dPjLVWLdoGSxJGcT%3D%3Dob_84%3DuWSNuW76hMftvEOHGw%40mail.gmail.com.