Is it possible to create several test suites ?

Is it possible to create several test suites ?

xavier dutoit
Hi,

First of all, let me tell you that I'm amazed by selenium recorder.

When I was looking for a nice way to test regression, I found selenium
and found it quite close to what I wanted, but found rather tedious to
have to create by hand even the most basic tests.

With your extension, that's so simple that we won't have any excuse
left not to test the web applications ! Who knows, you might be the
one able to make a better web....

I wanted to create several test suites. So far, it goes all into the
same test suite "Playback" (that is going to be quite long). How can I
do to create new ones from selenium recorder ?

Another thing: I want to create a default "travel" within a website,
and would like for each page
to test several things automatically:
verify title
verify location

Is it possible to add these 2 tests on each new page (after it
generates a clickandwait ) ?

Re: Is it possible to create several test suites ?

Shinya Kasatani
Hi Xavier,

On 22/11/05, xavier dutoit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, let me tell you that I'm amazed by selenium recorder.
>
> When I was looking for a nice way to test regression, I found selenium
> and found it quite close to what I wanted, but found rather tedious to
> have to create by hand even the most basic tests.
>
> With your extension, that's so simple that we won't have any excuse
> left not to test the web applications ! Who knows, you might be the
> one able to make a better web....

Thank you.

> I wanted to create several test suites. So far, it goes all into the
> same test suite "Playback" (that is going to be quite long). How can I
> do to create new ones from selenium recorder ?

The recorder cannot manage several tests at once,
so after you've finished recording the first test, you have to save it
to the file, clear all commands (or close and re-open the recorder
window), record the second test and save it to another file, and so
on.
Maybe I should have put "New File" item to the File menu...

> Another thing: I want to create a default "travel" within a website,
> and would like for each page
> to test several things automatically:
> verify title
> verify location
>
> Is it possible to add these 2 tests on each new page (after it
> generates a clickandwait ) ?

In the current version of recorder you have to manually add those
commands, but I'm planning to add that feature as an option.

Shinya