Is it possible to run own test suites with Selenium Recorder?

Is it possible to run own test suites with Selenium Recorder?

Markus Hjort
Hi,

I noticed that Selenium Recorder runs tests somehow in a trusted context
so that it is able to run tests against remote server. In that way it
nicely solves the cross-site scripting problem (see
http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/SEL/FAQ).

I would like to use Selenium Recorder to run all my tests agains remote
server. However, currently the plugin is unable to load and run test
suites from the file system (latest snapshot version is able to load
single test from file system). Unfortunately I do not know anything
about Firefox plugin development. Is it easy to add "Load Suite from
file system" feature into Selenium Recorder?

Best Regards,

Markus Hjort / Reaktor Innovations

Re: Is it possible to run own test suites with Selenium Recorder?

Shinya Kasatani
Hi Markus,

On 14/11/05, Markus Hjort <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Selenium Recorder runs tests somehow in a trusted context
> so that it is able to run tests against remote server. In that way it
> nicely solves the cross-site scripting problem (see
> http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/SEL/FAQ).
>
> I would like to use Selenium Recorder to run all my tests agains remote
> server. However, currently the plugin is unable to load and run test
> suites from the file system (latest snapshot version is able to load
> single test from file system). Unfortunately I do not know anything
> about Firefox plugin development. Is it easy to add "Load Suite from
> file system" feature into Selenium Recorder?

I'd like to implement test suite editing feature some time, but if you
just want to run test suite against remote server, you can do it now
by manually entering chrome URL to the address bar like:

chrome://seleniumrecorder/content/selenium/TestRunner.html?test=file:/path/to/testsuite/TestSuite.html&baseURL=http://www.google.com/

Regards,
Shinya