Is it possible to switch to an existing open Browser window by WebDriver?

Is it possible to switch to an existing open Browser window by WebDriver?

Ayan Modak
Let say I have an existing open Chrome browser in my system. This browser has opened manually. Now by code I have launched an object of ChromeDriver.

Is there any way that I can switch to the manually opened chrome browser by the ChromeDriver object?

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system. Many thanks.

La información contenida en este mensaje puede ser confidencial. Ha sido enviada para el uso exclusivo del destinatario(s) previsto. Si el lector de este mensaje no fuera el destinatario previsto, por el presente queda Ud. notificado que cualquier lectura, uso, publicación, diseminación, distribución o copiado de esta comunicación o su contenido está estrictamente prohibido. En caso de que Ud. hubiera recibido este mensaje por error le agradeceremos notificarnos por e-mail inmediatamente y eliminarlo de su sistema. Muchas gracias.

Re: Is it possible to switch to an existing open Browser window by WebDriver?

Ayan Modak
I know this is not an usual case of selenium automation but I have a desktop app automation project which launches browser on clicking some help menu.

The target of the test is to verify the URL of the browser and some navigations on the same.

On 8 May 2018 at 12:51, Ayan Modak <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wDA4JwTCBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">ayan....@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi All,

To be more specific, I need to automate CEF window by selenium. I got following link but not getting how can I switch to the CEF window opened by the desktop application.

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan Modak | Subject Matter Expert - QE Studio
GLOBANT IND: +91 8446774182 | 8777690307

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Ayan Modak <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Wayne
I doubt this is possible. I had done a project in the past that was able to have a few threads running so that one thread opens a chrome via webdriver.Chrome() then keeps the executor url and session sid then save them to local db for other threads to use. Once other threads opens the process via webdriver.Remote() to use the opened chrome process. Keep in mind tho, you need to close the opened chrome before triggering webdriver.Remote().

I hope this may give you some idea to proceed with yours. I see the difference is that the first one you opened was manually opened. But this can be done similarly too.

Wayne