Java Driven Mode JUnit Test Problems

GW-5
Dear all,

We are stuck up badly and need your help.

Here is the deployment for driven mode that we have.

Web application to be tested is deployed and the selenium classes and the selenium web app are also placed along with that.

We are using CommandBridge servlet and CommandBridge client to execute the commands.

We are facing following problems:

1. We are generating java test case with Selenium Firefox IDE. The generated java test case is having the APIs which are not matching with the ones provided by DefaultSelenium (we are not using Remote Control). These generated code needs to be updated to match the APIs.

2. It seems DefaultSelenium doesnt provide any API to select a combo-box entry. The generated java code has "select" method to do that but no matching API is there with DefaultSelenium.

3. Whenever i run the junit testcase with CommandBridgeClient as my command processor, Internet Explorer gets caught in an infinite loop. Firefox works fine many times but sometimes it hangs and sometimes it doesnt run the commands.

Thanks in advance.

Chintan Oza

Re: Java Driven Mode JUnit Test Problems

Dan Fabulich
Chintan Oza wrote:

> We are stuck up badly and need your help.

The Java Driven Mode in the 0.6.0 release was totally broken; it's now
obsolete.  You can use Selenium Remote Control instead, which should
satisfy your needs:

http://www.openqa.org/selenium-rc/

-Dan

Re: Java Driven Mode JUnit Test Problems

GW-5
Thanks dan.