Quantcast

Load Testing

user1234
How to do load testing with selenium?

Re: Load Testing

David Lai
Generally you don't load test with selenium.  You're wasting tons of processing power and rendering the page that could be used to generate more load.  There a tons of free tools out there for load testing.  Jmeter, Seige, Grider

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:46:53 AM UTC-7, user1234 wrote:
How to do load testing with selenium?

Re: Load Testing

Steve Rencilin

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:16:53 PM UTC+5:30, user1234 wrote:
How to do load testing with selenium?

I think there is ways to run selenium scripts in Jmeter...

Re: Load Testing

Ashish Juyal
Hi Steve ,
               kindly share your idea to use selenium in Jmeter.

Regards
Ashish Juyal

Re:[selenium-users] Re: Load Testing

黄吉浩
Really I don't know there is a way to run selenium scritps in Jmeter. Also I think there is no meaning.
Selenium is focus on the correct and extensive functions of the application. Yet Jemter is focus on the performance of the system, so Jemter is working by testing only very little but typical functions of the system to estimate the performance of the system.
Even you can reuse selenium scripts in Jemter, there is still much work to do. So why don't we just directly use jmeter from the beginning?

在 2013-09-07 17:33:57,"Steve Rencilin" <[hidden email]> 写道:

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:16:53 PM UTC+5:30, user1234 wrote:
How to do load testing with selenium?

I think there is ways to run selenium scripts in Jmeter...

Re: Load Testing

Mark Collin
JMeter Plugins has a WebDriverSampler:

http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/WebDriverSet/

That being said I think it's pretty stupid to use your Selenium scripts to do performance testing.  You will spend a lot of you time manipulating the GUI with your Selenium tests, but load testing programs liek JMeter have no concept of GUI, they are all about hitting the server and requesting resources.

On 09/09/2013 02:47, 黄吉浩 wrote:
Really I don't know there is a way to run selenium scritps in Jmeter. Also I think there is no meaning.
Selenium is focus on the correct and extensive functions of the application. Yet Jemter is focus on the performance of the system, so Jemter is working by testing only very little but typical functions of the system to estimate the performance of the system.
Even you can reuse selenium scripts in Jemter, there is still much work to do. So why don't we just directly use jmeter from the beginning?

在 2013-09-07 17:33:57,"Steve Rencilin" [hidden email] 写道:

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:16:53 PM UTC+5:30, user1234 wrote:
How to do load testing with selenium?

I think there is ways to run selenium scripts in Jmeter...

Re: Load Testing

David Lai
I don't think there's much added value to using Selenium on top of Jmeter, or any java based load testing tool.

The idea of load test is to simulate the traffic profile of as many users as possible to test if a server can handle the load.  Selenium is designed more for user acceptance testing, where you are testing on the user experience.

You can however, use a load testing tool like Jmeter to take the load to say 90+% capacity, then run a separate Selenium test to verify if the user experience is greatly impacted.  This can give you some insight on how well your services degrade.

Running multiple instances of Selenium will not buy much on the load testing end (in fact take away since you're wasting resources), and also multiple instances of selenium running on the same machine will introduce a large amount of unreliability in the test itself, and not produce any useful results.