NodeJS WebElementPromise

Oliver Dunk
Hi all,

I was wondering what the current thinking on using the WebElementPromise was? It is my understanding that behind the scenes, this is just a forward-proxy for what is really a Promise, allowing you to schedule commands before an element has been located.

Recently, because of the increased complexity, the Promise manager was removed: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/issues/2969. It doesn't appear that this affects WebElementPromise but I would argue that the two have similar problems.

With that in mind, should I be using WebElementPromise or always treat it like a native Promise? Is there a plan to eventually deprecate and remove WebElementPromise?