Not able to click with latest chromedriver/Selenium Standalone server

Not able to click with latest chromedriver/Selenium Standalone server

Santosh Temkar
I have recently upgraded Chrome /chromedriver & Selenium Standalone server jar. After updates, my Protractor started failing. I am facing issue with click() method. click method is not working for any webelement. But sendKeys() method works perfectly.

If I use "directConnect: true" in config file to click any element then click() method is working fine.

Can anyone help me to click element without using "directConnect: true"

Current configuration I am using:
Chrome- V66
Protractor- 5.3.0
Selenium server standalone jar- 3.12.0
Chromedriver- 2.38
Windows- 10

Re: Not able to click with latest chromedriver/Selenium Standalone server

Jonathan Herbaut
Hi ! I'm still in 3.11.2. I will upgrade next week or today if I can do all I want. The only one think I don't have in common with your install is the Protractor.
I'm using Selenium Grid but I don't think it could be a problem...

I have recently upgraded Chrome /chromedriver & Selenium Standalone server jar. After updates, my Protractor started failing. I am facing issue with click() method. click method is not working for any webelement. But sendKeys() method works perfectly.

If I use "directConnect: true" in config file to click any element then click() method is working fine.

Can anyone help me to click element without using "directConnect: true"

Current configuration I am using:
Chrome- V66
Protractor- 5.3.0
Selenium server standalone jar- 3.12.0
Chromedriver- 2.38
Windows- 10

Re: Not able to click with latest chromedriver/Selenium Standalone server

Jonathan Herbaut
I have updated my configuration like yours (except for Protractor) and I don't get any issue.
Are you testing a SPA website ? Maybe the upgrade improves the execution time of your code and the WebElement you tried to manipulate are not usable.
Try to get some logs of your execution tests with screenshots, maybe you will have a better vision of your issue.