Object Identifiers within a Table Structure

Object Identifiers within a Table Structure

AutoEngr
Hello Everyone,
While building a script, I'm trying to click onto a button that is identified within a table structure. I'm currently using Selenium IDE to build my script. In "ButtonIssue - WebpageView" image, you'll see the row I'm talking about. The highlighted title is what I'm trying to "delete". I also highlighted the "Delete" button that I'm trying to capture. In "ButtonIssue - TableView" image, you'll see how I tried to capture it with the "click" command, however, it ONLY identifies the "row" I clicked. In the "ButtonIssue - SourceView" image, you'll see how it's being captured. The ISSUE is... The title of what I want to delete from the table can be located in "any" row.. However, the "click" only does the specific "location" the script captured which might not be aligned to the right "title" of what I want to delete. Is there a command I can use to select the "delete button" WITH the title I want to delete?? This has been an issue with trying to finalize this script. Please help if you can.
Thank you - AutoEngr

ButtonIssue - WebpageView.JPG (21K) Download Attachment
ButtonIssue - TableView.JPG (7K) Download Attachment
ButtonIssue - SourceCodeImage.JPG (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Object Identifiers within a Table Structure

AutoEngr
Also.. If you could, please make your answer as "dummy-proof" as possible.. I'm not a developer - Much appreciated  :)

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 10:43:51 AM UTC-4, AutoEngr wrote:
[...]

thivyae

You mean to say you need to dynamically identify and click on 'delete' button of a record with text 'testDraftAndByLine'? If this is what you need,you can do it by entering something like this "
//table[@id=‘DataTables_Tables_table_0’]/tbody/tr[text()='testDraftAndByLine’]/button[3]" in target.
What this does is it will go into table and select text with name which you have specified and then goes to its corresponding button[3] whihc is delete ...
Hope this resolves.

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 8:13:51 PM UTC+5:30, AutoEngr wrote:
[...]

When I tried with with a different item "MLByLineTest", I received this error "[error] Invalid xpath [2]: //table[@id=‘DataTables_Tables_table_0’]/tbody/tr[text()='MLByLineTest’]/button[3]". Any other suggestions?
Thank you,
AutoEngr

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:19:09 PM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Thanks again for your suggestion.. When I tried it, I received this error "[error] Element //table/tbody/tr[text()='MLByLineTest']/button[3] not found".... I even tried this "//table[@id=‘DataTables_Tables_table_0’]/tbody/tr[text()='MLByLineTest']/button[3]" thinking it needed this part "[@id='DataTables_Table_0']", but got the same error message.. Ugh... Any other suggestion?
As always.. Thanks for your help!

ButtonIssue - InspectElement.JPG (153K) Download Attachment

Re: Object Identifiers within a Table Structure

Monika Singhal
Hi,

The xpath mentioned above will definitely work. If you want to follow the same pattern which you were following earlier then you can use the xpath mentioned below:

 //table/tbody/tr[normalize-space()='MLByLineTest']/td/button[3] or  //table/tbody/tr[normalize-space()='MLByLineTest']//button[3]

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

DeleteButtonIssue.JPG (159K) Download Attachment

DeleteButtonInspectElement.JPG (93K) Download Attachment

Re: Object Identifiers within a Table Structure

thivyae
try this "//button[@tilte='Delete Letter'][@data-name='MLByLineTest']/i"

Thivyalakshimi Easwarasekaran
Quality Analyst
Email[hidden email]
Telephone<a href="tel:+91+9789805026" style="color:rgb(239,91,161);text-decoration:none" target="_blank">+91 9789805026
ThoughtWorks

DeleteButtonIssue4.JPG (321K) Download Attachment