Pull request has multiple Travis failures - are they really my fault?

Pull request has multiple Travis failures - are they really my fault?

Selenium - Developers mailing list
I made a tweak to some shadow-DOM related javascript and a test html file in https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/pull/3656

Travis is reporting a bunch of test/build failures. I am very far from an expert on the selenium codebase, but I'm struggling to see how my changes could have e.g. caused a python test to fail with

E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu/pool/main/o/oracle-java8-installer/oracle-java8-installer_8u121-1~webupd8~2_all.deb Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Has my javascript change really, really stuffed things up, or is Travis in need of some TLC?

If the latter is there any way to push the PR to review and/or rerun the travis checks?

thanks

Mark

Re: Pull request has multiple Travis failures - are they really my fault?

Krishnan Mahadevan
Mark,
The error that you called out seems to be something related to a connectivity.
You can try amending your commit locally and just alter the commit message (Add or delete a space in the msg), and then forcibly push the commit back to your remote. (Dont forget to add a -f in your git push command)

This would cause Travis to trigger a build again. If this were a sporadic connectivity issue like what I am guessing, then your build should go fine.

Please see if that helps.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan