RE: [Selenium-users] Using JsUnit together with Selenium?

RE: [Selenium-users] Using JsUnit together with Selenium?

Dan Fabulich
Andrey Yegorov wrote:

> Jason R Huggins wrote:
>
>> Nice... JavaScript syntax for Selenium tests has been on my wish list
>> for a while.
>
> I use JavaScript to create selenium's test for a while.
> But in my case it generates selenium's tables that run later via selenium's
> TestRunner instead of executing JS in the browser.
>
> I am not sure that it is actually of interest to anyone, so I am not going
> to spend much time right now describing how it works.
> As a short version you can see example of code there:
> <http://forums.software-testing.ru/index.php?showtopic=2854&st=0&p=16643&#en
> try16643>
>
> That code generates test consisting of ~650 selenium's commands.
>
> Use <http://babelfish.altavista.com/> to translate Russian to English.
>
> If anyone is actually interested in it pls let me know and I'll try to write
> something more detailed during weekend.

I'm definitely interested!  I'd be especially curious to see the Selenium
tables that this code generates.

Question with HTA

David Lee-9
Hello
I love selenium and it speeds up my development and testing time.
However,
Whenever I tried to open a pop up via selenium's hta, the pop up window opens and closes right away.
I am using IE and XP to run on hta.

Can anyone help me out please?

David

________________________________

winmail.dat (6K) Download Attachment

Andrey Yegorov wrote:

> Dan Fabulich wrote:
>
>> I'm definitely interested!  I'd be especially curious to see the
>> Selenium tables that this code generates.
>
> I attached that one + couple of smaller tests from another suite.
>
> Regarding the tests - you got to keep in mind that there is also code behind
> what you see which does the job + the code that wraps the 'model' of AUT.

Interesting.  I notice that these tests don't have any conditional
statements...  Would it be possible for me to write a test like this
(pseudo-code, obviously):

for (var i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
  if (aut.customers.is_priority_customer()) {
  aut.verify_priority_sale();
  } else {
  aut.verify_non_priority_sale();

That is, can you write an "if" statement that changes the way the test
behaves based on what's currently going on in the browser?

Or how about: if (isIE) {...}?

-Dan