Re: Include

GW-5
I am having problems using this extension with IE 6. When the test runs, the included html table is not displayed. Instead the table structure is messed up and the "Execute Test" buttons ("Run", "Walk" and "Step") are displayed. Has anyone got experience of using this and can you help me sort this out?

Re: Include

It should be fairly straight forward to use this. I certainly use it with IE6.

Maybe you have a relative path problem. Try adding your 'included' test as part of your TestSuite (i.e. as a seperate test) to see if it loads it as a test. You'll need the same path to the 'included' test as the second column of the include command.

Can you post an example of the both the base test and the included test ?

Cheers,
Darren.

Re: Include

OK, ignore my last post.

I just tried the include command with the latest code (not the 0.6.0 release) and I get the same problem. There was a patch added to the include command page on the Wiki, but I applied that and it didn't solve the problem.

If you need this to work immediately I'd suggest you roll back to using the 0.6.0 release.

Let me know if your experience differs from this.

Cheers,
Darren.

Re: Include

GW-5
If you got the include command to work, I would be grateful to know what version you were using. I am using the 0.6.0 release and it is not working.

Also, if you can suggest that a different version of selenium may work with the include command, I would be grateful if you include a URL to download this.

Thanks

Re: Include

GW-5
Have you tried running your tests in Firefox?

I'm having a number of issues with the include command not wanting to work in browsers other than Firefox (specifically IE and Konqueror). My tests all have nested includes (ie, include a test file that has another include command) and they all seem to fail in IE, but have no problems in Firefox.

Luckily running the tests only in FF is an acceptable solution for me (for now), maybe that could work for other people having issues with include as well.

Re: Include

I have tried firefox with the files released with the include command and I get similar behaviour to that of IE.

Any suggestions?

Re: Include

GW-5
Has anyone got this include tag to work correctly on IE? An include tag that work on IE would be really useful.

Sanjiv

Re: Include

GW-5
There's definitely a version problem here.

I use the include extension at work with Selenium 0.6, Windows XP, IE6 and it all works fine.

I've seen the problem that is appearing here at home, where I have the latest SVN code with Windows 2000 and IE6.

I'll try and pin down what difference is causing the problem.

Cheers,
Darren.

Re: Include

GW-5
Please post a solution if you do. I've had to switch my tests back to server-side includes in order to get them working reliably.

Let me know if you want any help testing..