Run Selenium IDE Test on differents browser in 2017

Run Selenium IDE Test on differents browser in 2017

Luc Delmon

Hello I'm having trouble running Selenium test created by Selenium IDE.

My main problem is that I don't know where to go.

I created a test in the Selenium IDE, I can make it work on firefox from the IDE and save it in hmtl, java, python,c# . That was the first ( easy ) part.

I would now like to execute the same test on another browser ( doesn't matter the language but I will focus on letting the test himself either in html or java).

That's where I don't know where to go, The IDE documentation talk about " using a simple command-line interface that invokes the Selenium-RC server. " but on other part of the website you can see that Selenium RC is officially deprecated.

Things seems to be replaced by Selenium 1.0 + Selenium WebDriver where Selenium WebDriver fits in the same role as RC did.

Then on the download page you have this line:

-To run Selenium tests exported from IDE, use the Selenium Html Runner.

with a link to a jar and no documentation at all.

So, today which one should I use :

Selenium-RC server , Selenium WebDriver or the Selenium Html Runner ?

Thanks for your answers,

Re: Run Selenium IDE Test on differents browser in 2017

Luc Delmon
So there is no interest in using the Selenium Html Runner ?

It could maybe prevent to have to export the test into an other language.