Running selenium Java scripts in Linux Non-GUI servers with PhantomJs

Running selenium Java scripts in Linux Non-GUI servers with PhantomJs

Suresh babu-3
HI Team,

As of now iam using windows machine and developed some scripts and executed -- everything works fine in this scenario

but when i try to execute same scripts in Linux machine (Linux machine-- with out GUI only command line we have) scripts are not executing.

Procedure followed to execute scripts in linux machine:

1. Maintained all jars(TestNG and Selenium Stand alone) in lib folder
2. I have used Phantom JS which is used for Headless browser for testing

Sample java code but not the exact app elements:

               File file = new File("path of pahntomjs driver");
System.setProperty("phantomjs.binary.path", file.getAbsolutePath());
WebDriver driver = new PhantomJSDriver();
driver.manage().window().setSize(new Dimension(1400,1000));
driver.get("https://www.google.com/");
driver.manage().deleteAllCookies();
driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(100, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
driver.manage().window().maximize();
driver.findElement(By.xpath("//*[@id="lst-ib"]")).sendKeys("Test");
driver.findElement(By.name("btnK")).click();
Thread.sleep(3000);
driver.close();

Note: Executed above scripts in windows it worked fine but where as in Linux command line it is not executing and getting below error.

Error message: errorMessage":"Unable to find element with xpath '//input[@id='pt1:_pt_it1::content']'"

Executed below lines of statements in putty (command linux server):

javac -classpath "/tmp/SeleniumUsecases/lib/*" -d ./bin ./src/Testcases/*.java
java -classpath /tmp/SeleniumUsecases/lib/*:/tmp/SeleniumUsecases/bin org.testng.TestNG /tmp/SeleniumUsecases/testng.xml

Please provide any inputs on this

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Running selenium Java scripts in Linux Non-GUI servers with PhantomJs

Shawn McCarthy-2
Why are you using phantomjs ? I believe it is deprecated, since firefox and chrome both have --headless flags.

driver.get("<a href="https://www.google.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/&#39;;return true;">https://www.google.com/");
[...]

I have tried with chrome but when I compile and run the program getting this error ‘GLIBC_2.4 not found’

Tried to set GLIBC issue but after that it’s not getting compiled only and system is getting hanged

my current system configuration is “CENTOS 6” command terminal (might be it is not supporting chrome)

Hence using phantomJs here that driver itself not recognising

Please let me know if you have any inputs to overcome this issue

Regards,
Suresh.