Running selenium test on Linux

ankit garg-2
Hi,

Can some one please help me on how to run selenium tests on Linux machine?

Regards,
Ankit

Running selenium test on Linux

Jaydeep kumar pal
hi ankit,

initially i also faced same issue in Linux environment,but it's very similar to run the selenium in Linux like window.

just to have to take care for defining path of  the driver.

in windows we are using double backwards slash but in the Linux we have to use single forward slash also we don't use extension in path

window: systems.setproperties("webdriver.chrome.driver","//D//location.exe");

systems.setproperties("webdriver.chrome.driver",":\D\location");

Fwd: [selenium-users] Running selenium test on Linux

ankit garg-2
Hey Jaydeep,

Thanks for your response.I am getting below error while running my test on Linux(All these are working fine on Windows)

unknown error: failed to change window state to maximized, current state is normal
        (Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.79)
        (Driver info: chromedriver=2.40.565383 (76257d1ab79276b2d53ee976b2c3e3b9f335cde7),platform=Linux 3.10.0-862.el7.x86_64 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Can you please also let me know if there is any option of running selenium tests in normal mode(I mean not in headless mode)(I am using Jenkins to run my tests and all tests are executing in headless mode by default)'

Regards,
Ankit

Re: Running selenium test on Linux

total QA
Hi Ankit,

maximize() method gives an issue depends on the configuration.
Solution for your issue can be resolved by adding the below line.

driver.manage().window().setSize(new Dimension(1700, 1100));

Regards,
total-qa.com
http://total-qa.com/selenium/interview-questions/

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:33:14 AM UTC+5:30, ankit garg wrote:
Hey Jaydeep,

Thanks for your response.I am getting below error while running my test on Linux(All these are working fine on Windows)

unknown error: failed to change window state to maximized, current state is normal
        (Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.79)
        (Driver info: chromedriver=2.40.565383 (76257d1ab79276b2d53ee976b2c3e3b9f335cde7),platform=Linux 3.10.0-862.el7.x86_64 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Can you please also let me know if there is any option of running selenium tests in normal mode(I mean not in headless mode)(I am using Jenkins to run my tests and all tests are executing in headless mode by default)'

Regards,
Ankit

Re: Running selenium test on Linux

ankit garg-2
Thanks for the reponse.

Now I am getting below error message.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The driver is not executable: /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/TestDemo/src/main/resources/chromedriver_win32/chromedriver.exe

Do i need to do something differently on Linux machine as compared with Windows machine?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM, total QA <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

You cannot run a windows executable on a linux machine. You would need to download the linux variant of chromedriver and if required add execution permissions to it.

Easiest way of checking if a binary has executable permissions or not is by invoking it.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Re: Running selenium test on Linux

ankit garg-2
Thanks all ,I have downloaded the linux version of chrome driver but still getting the error message.I have definde the path as below in my scripts.

src//main//resources//chromedriver_linux64//chromedriver

Can some one please suggest if this is the correct way? and if I need to have the chrome driver at some default location?

Thanks,
ANkit

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Jaydeep kumar pal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Try first running the chromedriver binary manually as below:

11:29 $ /usr/local/bin/chromedriver

Starting ChromeDriver 2.37.544337 (8c0344a12e552148c185f7d5117db1f28d6c9e85) on port 9515

Only local connections are allowed.

If you see an output as above (please replace the path with your actual path), then your chromedriver has the required executable permissions.

If not, you need to add the required executable permissions by using chmod +x command.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Re: Running selenium test on Linux

ankit garg-2
I am able to run chromdriver manually and I can see output like you mentioned above.

But I am getting below error message.

The driver executable does not exist: /usr/local/bin && sudo ./chromedriver
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The driver executable does not exist: /usr/local/bin && sudo ./chromedriver

Seems like the path is not correct.I have configured the script to use the path from properties file and I am using something like below.

webdriver.chrome.driver= /usr/local/bin && sudo ./chromedriver

Can you please suggest what can i do?

Regards,
Ankit