Selenium Automation in Salesforce lightning experience is not stable.

Selenium Automation in Salesforce lightning experience is not stable.

Ashok Kumar-4
I use Java language to automate the Salesforce lightning page. Here, the maintenance is very high on capturing the attributes for the web elements which is available on the lightning web page. Even though the Salesforce developers are not touching the code for a month or so the web elements attributes are changing quite often. Whatever it may be class, css or xpath. In a long run it is a hectic work on the maintenance part rather than actual scripting time.

1. What is the best way to automate the Salesforce lightning application through selenium?
2. Is there any best practices or any framework?

Kindly share your suggestions and ideas.

Re: Selenium Automation in Salesforce lightning experience is not stable.

Peter Williams-2
I would be very interested to hear suggestions for this, too.  I am currently using Python to automate Salesforce in Classic mode, and we will be moving to Lightning within a year.

Is the problem a matter of changing j_id's frequently, or something else?

Best,
Peter

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9:52:07 AM UTC-5, Ashok Kumar wrote:
I use Java language to automate the Salesforce lightning page. Here, the maintenance is very high on capturing the attributes for the web elements which is available on the lightning web page. Even though the Salesforce developers are not touching the code for a month or so the web elements attributes are changing quite often. Whatever it may be class, css or xpath. In a long run it is a hectic work on the maintenance part rather than actual scripting time.

1. What is the best way to automate the Salesforce lightning application through selenium?
2. Is there any best practices or any framework?

Kindly share your suggestions and ideas.

Re: Selenium Automation in Salesforce lightning experience is not stable.

Srini
Hi,
We need to automate SFDC application from scratch. How it is different from usual web application(with respect to automation)  Any pointers / inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Srini

Re: Selenium Automation in Salesforce lightning experience is not stable.

Mike Hetzer
There is literally no easy way around this if the development team is changing element id's and such.
The best maintenance route is to employ a Page Object Model (POM) into your framework.

That or write your own config files to house page object identification strings - that would let you not have to rebuild code every time . . . but more work than it is worth most likely.