Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

anita
Hi,
I work in a web application that works just in Internet explorer. I was working in my windows 7 machine which had the enable protected mode option enabled for all zones. But recently I have received my windows 10 machine, in which my organization has disabled the enable protected mode option for 2 zones. So, I have requested to enable for all the zones as its a prerequisite. But they want to know on why is this set as a prerequisite in order to enable it. Can someone help me answer this question?

Re: Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

riponalwasim
Hi Anita,

It needs to enable or disable all zones.

As 2 options are disabled please do disable others. If all protected modes are disabled Selenium WD would work with IE.

br,
Ripon

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM, anita <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I work in a web application that works just in Internet explorer. I was working in my windows 7 machine which had the enable protected mode option enabled for all zones. But recently I have received my windows 10 machine, in which my organization has disabled the enable protected mode option for 2 zones. So, I have requested to enable for all the zones as its a prerequisite. But they want to know on why is this set as a prerequisite in order to enable it. Can someone help me answer this question?

Re: Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

anita
Hi Ripon,

Yes I Understand it needs to be either enabled or disabled for all zones. But unfortunately, I don't have the permission to do it in my office laptop.

And the security team in our organisation would like to know the reason on why it needs to be done, in order to proceed with my request.

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM, anita <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="m2Oz69HmAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anita...@...> wrote:
Hi,
I work in a web application that works just in Internet explorer. I was working in my windows 7 machine which had the enable protected mode option enabled for all zones. But recently I have received my windows 10 machine, in which my organization has disabled the enable protected mode option for 2 zones. So, I have requested to enable for all the zones as its a prerequisite. But they want to know on why is this set as a prerequisite in order to enable it. Can someone help me answer this question?

Re: Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

Jim Evans
For the full technical explanation of why this setting is required, please see the blog post at http://jimevansmusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/youre-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html

Re: Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

riponalwasim
Thanks  Jim Evans for sharing a nice article.

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Jim Evans <[hidden email]> wrote:
For the full technical explanation of why this setting is required, please see the blog post at http://jimevansmusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/youre-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html

Re: Selenium with IE driver and enable protected mode in internet option

anita
Thanks Jim Evans. This is the exact information that I expected.

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 12:32:41 PM UTC+2, Jim Evans wrote:
For the full technical explanation of why this setting is required, please see the blog post at <a href="http://jimevansmusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/youre-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fjimevansmusic.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F08%2Fyoure-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF2pJfSruGCP2BNyiSirukFIVREyQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fjimevansmusic.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F08%2Fyoure-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF2pJfSruGCP2BNyiSirukFIVREyQ&#39;;return true;">http://jimevansmusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/youre-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html