SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

flyfloatwhirl

I was using SendKeys to insert characters into several AjaxControlToolKit MaskedEditExtender textboxes we have on our web application. Worked just fine. I was using 3.8.

I upgraded IEDriverServer.Exe to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.WebDriver to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.Support to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

Environment:

IE11\Edge
Visual Studio 2017 Community
NCrunch.Framework 3.16
NUnit.Framework 3.9

What do I need to do to get SendKeys working again with MaskedEditExtender?

Thanks, Ed

Re: SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

yunhu_li
Hi Ed,

Maybe you should download a highter version of selenium to match your upgraded IEDriver, maybe selenium 3.12 will work fine; you can download according selenium from here:selenium download(:http://selenium-release.storage.googleapis.com/index.html?path=3.12/)

在 2018年7月4日星期三 UTC+8上午3:42:38,flyflo...@gmail.com写道:

I was using SendKeys to insert characters into several AjaxControlToolKit MaskedEditExtender textboxes we have on our web application. Worked just fine. I was using 3.8.

I upgraded IEDriverServer.Exe to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.WebDriver to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.Support to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

Environment:

IE11\Edge
Visual Studio 2017 Community
NCrunch.Framework 3.16
NUnit.Framework 3.9

What do I need to do to get SendKeys working again with MaskedEditExtender?

Thanks, Ed

Re: SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

flyfloatwhirl
Hi yunhu_li,

Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded to the version of the selenium support libraries to match the IE driver version and tested before i submitted by post.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Ed

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 3:42:38 PM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:

I was using SendKeys to insert characters into several AjaxControlToolKit MaskedEditExtender textboxes we have on our web application. Worked just fine. I was using 3.8.

I upgraded IEDriverServer.Exe to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.WebDriver to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.Support to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

Environment:

IE11\Edge
Visual Studio 2017 Community
NCrunch.Framework 3.16
NUnit.Framework 3.9

What do I need to do to get SendKeys working again with MaskedEditExtender?

Thanks, Ed

Re: SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

srikanth samala
Hi,

Use selenium actions, if if suppose mask editor is date __/__/__/ then give 25102018

Thanks
Srikanth Samala

On Thu 5 Jul, 2018, 10:31 PM , <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ankit Gupta-2
Most the problem comes with 64bit IE, I switched with 32 bit, now it is working fine.
Please try and share your view.

I am using below capabilities:

                InternetExplorerOptions option = new InternetExplorerOptions();
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.IE_ENSURE_CLEAN_SESSION, true);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.ENABLE_ELEMENT_CACHE_CLEANUP, true);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.NATIVE_EVENTS, false);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.UNEXPECTED_ALERT_BEHAVIOR, "accept");
                option.setCapability("disable-popup-blocking", true);
        option.setCapability("ie.enableFullPageScreenshot", true);
option.setCapability("ignoreZoomSetting", true);
option.setCapability("ignoreProtectedModeSettings", false);
option.setCapability("forceCreateProcessAp", true);
driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(option);

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:47 AM, srikanth samala <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I tried every suggestion, except for switching to IE 32-bit, and I still can't get SendKeys to insert characters into a TextBox controlled by MaskedEditExtender.

(I can't switch to 32-bit IE because a) our users use IE 11 64-bit, b) it took me literally 4-8 days to upgrade from IE 8 to IE 11. I'm afraid of spending a significant portion of my day trying to switch to 32-bit and\or switch back to 64-bit IE).

I tried inserting the characters via Javascript (ElementObj.innerHtml = 'abc';). That puts the value into the textbox. However, it appears the Javascript bypasses the MaskedEditExtender's validation processing.

I am using AjaxControlToolKit 18.0. Looks like I'm using the latest of everything.

Any other ideas?

[...]

I just reverted back to IEDriver.Exe 3.8. SendKeys worked!

Should I report that SendKeys with IEDriver versions 3.9 to 3.13 does not work as a bug?

[...]

Jim Evans
Feel free to report it, but unless you can also provide code to a demo site that demonstrates the problem, there can be no action taken on the issue report. Also, your users probably *aren’t* actually using 64-bit IE 11, as such a thing requires *very* specific configuration, which is *extremely* uncommon. So the advice to use the 32-bit driver is still completely appropriate.