Test runner mode compared to driver mode

Test runner mode compared to driver mode

Paatsch, Bernd
Test runner mode compared to driver mode

Hello,

Test runner mode is great. It just plain works.

So I went to see how the driven mode is and I just translated the script I had from the runner mode into the driven mode. However trying to login to the web site I get "The system could not log you in using the provided username and password. Please try again."

What might cause the problem?

Thanks,
Bernd

Re: [Selenium-users] Test runner mode compared to driver mode

Dan Fabulich
Paatsch, Bernd wrote:

> Test runner mode is great. It just plain works.
>
> So I went to see how the driven mode is and I just translated the script I
> had from the runner mode into the driven mode. However trying to login to
> the web site I get "The system could not log you in using the provided
> username and password. Please try again."
>
> What might cause the problem?

Please always specify *which* driver you're using.  There are numerous
drivers in multiple languages (Java, .NET, Perl, Python, Ruby) and
different problems may appear in different drivers.  I've never seen the
problem you describe in the Java driver.

-Dan

RE: [Selenium-users] Test runner mode compared to driver mode

Paatsch, Bernd
RE: [Selenium-users] Test runner mode compared to driver mode

I use Python.