Typing multiple lines of text into a into a multi-line textarea element

Typing multiple lines of text into a into a multi-line textarea element

GW-5
I'm having trouble with a test of mine that attempts to enter multiple
lines of test into a textarea form field using the type command. The
complete action looks like so:

second line
third line</td>

This works fine using Firefiox 1.5 on Mac and Windows, but using
Safari on Mac or IE 6.0 on Windows, everything gets entered on a
single line in the textarea rather than on multiple lines.

I've googled for a solution to this, but I can't seem to find
anything. I think I'm using the wring terminology. Does anyone know of
a cross browser way of entering multiple lines into a textarea?

Running Selenium 0.6.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,

Re: Typing multiple lines of text into a into a multi-line textarea element

GW-5
> Does anyone know of
> a cross browser way of entering multiple lines into a
> textarea?

Answering my own question, this worked fine:

second line
third line</pre></td>

Cheers,
Simon B,