Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Ratan Bhushan
Hi team

I am running a very small script using excel vba. where I am launching the chrome to open website, but immediately it crashes and doesnot work.

Please help.

I have included selenium type library also in excel.

I have attached the file.

Please help.

Thanks
RatanB

Selenium Testing.xlsm (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Monika Singhal
Hi,

Please use the latest chrome-driver for your test script.

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 2:05:21 PM UTC+5:30, Ratan Bhushan wrote:
Hi team

I am running a very small script using excel vba. where I am launching the chrome to open website, but immediately it crashes and doesnot work.

Please help.

I have included selenium type library also in excel.

I have attached the file.

Please help.

Thanks
RatanB

Re: Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Ratan Bhushan
Latest chrome driver???

I didnt get... it means latest chrome setup?

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 2:37:57 PM UTC+5:30, Monika Singhal wrote:
Hi,

Please use the latest chrome-driver for your test script.

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 2:05:21 PM UTC+5:30, Ratan Bhushan wrote:
Hi team

I am running a very small script using excel vba. where I am launching the chrome to open website, but immediately it crashes and doesnot work.

Please help.

I have included selenium type library also in excel.

I have attached the file.

Please help.

Thanks
RatanB

Re: Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Ratan Bhushan
Thanks monika for reply...

I am trying to install but I am getting an error in com prompt that only local connections are allowed.

What to do now??

Please advise.

jc

Re: Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Monika Singhal
Hi Ratan,

Please download the latest chrome driver from https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 2:49:40 PM UTC+5:30, Ratan Bhushan wrote:
[...]

Gordon Prince
After downloading the driver, where do I put it? I this is rudimentary, but I'm having trouble getting started. Thanks.

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 1:13:52 AM UTC-5, Monika Singhal wrote:
Hi Ratan,

Please download the latest chrome driver from <a href="https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fchromium.org%2Fchromedriver%2Fdownloads\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE6drHP_0Vl6PKUAaKF_pziDhxMyA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fchromium.org%2Fchromedriver%2Fdownloads\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE6drHP_0Vl6PKUAaKF_pziDhxMyA&#39;;return true;">https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads

[...]

You can put it anywhere in your local machine.

After that you can just specify the path of chrome driver in your program:

Webdriver driver=  System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\chromedriver.exe");
driver.get(give URL here);

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 at 10:29 AM, Gordon Prince <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue.

I found the problem, though. A copy of chromedriver.exe installed with SeleniumBasic in
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SeleniumBasic. When I replaced that with the newly downloaded chromedriver.exe, the problem resolved.

I'm posting the fix here so it's available for the next person to check, too.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:09 AM, Monika Singhal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Freddy Vega
Gordon,

The solution that worked is not what you described here. The solution was actually to use a different chromedriver.exe (which you are now and thats why it worked). The fact that _your_ chromedriver.exe was in AppData\Local\SeleniumBasic is really irrelevant to the original error.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:09 AM, Monika Singhal <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="dZmc95ACAwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">singhal...@...> wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 at 10:29 AM, Gordon Prince <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="dZmc95ACAwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">gordonpr...@...> wrote:

Please download the latest chrome driver from <a href="https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fchromium.org%2Fchromedriver%2Fdownloads\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE6drHP_0Vl6PKUAaKF_pziDhxMyA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fchromium.org%2Fchromedriver%2Fdownloads\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE6drHP_0Vl6PKUAaKF_pziDhxMyA&#39;;return true;">https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads