Unable to use IE in a Selenium Grid configuration

Unable to use IE in a Selenium Grid configuration

Jonathan Herbaut
Hello,

I use Selenium 3.12 for my Selenium Grid and my server that runs IE 11 is using 3.12 too. I set up my IE with all the black magic that you need to run it (changes in security options and all those things...)
I can't use IE11 correctly because I get exception when I try to use functions like GetScreenshots() or Capabilities property.
The exception I get is :

OpenQA.Selenium.NoSuchWindowException : Unable to get browser
   at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.UnpackAndThrowOnError(Response errorResponse)
   at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)
   at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.GetScreenshot()

I use some common code to execute my tests with multiple browser and IE is the only one that fails like that. No problem with Chrome WIN, Chrome Ubuntu headless, Firefox WIN, Edge and Safari Mac OS.

I use the RemoteWebDriver object to manipulate IE driver.

Here is my code to instanciate my RemoteWebDriver

public static RemoteWebDriver SetupRemoteInternetExplorerDriver(string version)
        {
            var options = new InternetExplorerOptions();
            options.AddAdditionalCapability(CapabilityType.Platform, PlatformType.Windows.ToString().ToUpper(), true);
            options.AddAdditionalCapability(CapabilityType.Version, version, true);
            return RemoteBuilder.SetupRemoteWebDriver(options);
        }

IE is correctly launching on my remote server but I can't make any screenshot. Someone get the same behaviour or am I missing something ?

Thanks ! :)