artifactId Selenium-java.jar from 3.3.1 to 3.4 causing a ton of 'can not be accessed' errors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

artifactId Selenium-java.jar from 3.3.1 to 3.4 causing a ton of 'can not be accessed' errors

Prasad Nutalapati-2

OS:
MAC OS Sierra
Selenium Version:
3.X
Browser:
Not Applicable
We are running a Selenium 3.3.1 project with many dependencies(given in a pom.xml file) as part of a maven project. Only when we change the version of artifactId Selenium-java from 3.3.1 to 3.4, all started crumbling. A ton of 'not accessible' errors came up for By, Select, Keys etc. kind of regular Selenium classes. Some other classes like WebDriver, WebElement etc are resolving just fine.

No matter whether we clean,build,install the Maven project the errors won't go away. I even removed the entire .m2 folder and refreshed the project, for no avail.
When I either moved back to artifactId version 3.3.1 or go to a higher version 3.12.0, every thing compiles just fine. Is there any particular problem with artifactId Selenium-java 3.4.0? I am using Eclipse Oxygen.

Expected Behavior -

With the change in the artifactId selenium-java from 3.3.1 to 3.4.0, all the new jars should be downloaded and the existing code should be seemlessly compiling with out errors.

Actual Behavior -

Regular Selenium Java classes imports like BY, Select, Keys, JavaScriptExecutor are throwing not resolved errors, while some other classes like WebDriver, WebElement are getting resolved just fine.

Steps to reproduce -

image

image

image

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Selenium Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/63bfcb4e-28ef-439e-b60c-37ee073fb621%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: artifactId Selenium-java.jar from 3.3.1 to 3.4 causing a ton of 'can not be accessed' errors

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Not sure if this is due to perhaps a bad publishing of selenium artifact.

 

But even if it were so, there’s nothing that can be done about it. Since you say that 3.12 resolves the problem, you should just use it and move forward.

 

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

 

"All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening or in love with someone else!"

My Scribblings @ http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

 

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Prasad Nutalapati <[hidden email]>
Reply-To: <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:19 PM
To: Selenium Users <[hidden email]>
Subject: [selenium-users] artifactId Selenium-java.jar from 3.3.1 to 3.4 causing a ton of 'can not be accessed' errors

 

OS:
MAC OS Sierra
Selenium Version:
3.X
Browser:
Not Applicable
We are running a Selenium 3.3.1 project with many dependencies(given in a pom.xml file) as part of a maven project. Only when we change the version of artifactId Selenium-java from 3.3.1 to 3.4, all started crumbling. A ton of 'not accessible' errors came up for By, Select, Keys etc. kind of regular Selenium classes. Some other classes like WebDriver, WebElement etc are resolving just fine.

No matter whether we clean,build,install the Maven project the errors won't go away. I even removed the entire .m2 folder and refreshed the project, for no avail.
When I either moved back to artifactId version 3.3.1 or go to a higher version 3.12.0, every thing compiles just fine. Is there any particular problem with artifactId Selenium-java 3.4.0? I am using Eclipse Oxygen.

Expected Behavior -

With the change in the artifactId selenium-java from 3.3.1 to 3.4.0, all the new jars should be downloaded and the existing code should be seemlessly compiling with out errors.

Actual Behavior -

Regular Selenium Java classes imports like BY, Select, Keys, JavaScriptExecutor are throwing not resolved errors, while some other classes like WebDriver, WebElement are getting resolved just fine.

Steps to reproduce -

image

image

image

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Selenium Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/63bfcb4e-28ef-439e-b60c-37ee073fb621%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Selenium Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/5C97A0AB-D4D8-4531-A27A-9F0F3E922B1C%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.