assertTable

Sanjiv Jivan
fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support assertTable( cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot of tables and manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/filter etc was a real pain. With the modifications, one can right click on a table cell and select "Add Table Assert" and the command

assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is added to the recorder.

If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code changes.

btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me hours of painful work.

Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Mick Weiss-2
If you ever have any code changes which you think someone may find
useful - attach a patch, please.

Thanks!

- Mick

Sanjiv Jivan wrote:

> fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support assertTable(
> cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot of tables and
> manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/filter etc was a
> real pain. With the modifications, one can right click on a table cell
> and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
>
> assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is added to the
> recorder.
>
> If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> changes.
>
> btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me hours
> of painful work.
>
> Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Sanjiv Jivan
Here areall the files that I've modified. Let me know if you'd like me to provide the patch in a different format.

Sanjiv Jivan wrote:

> fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support assertTable(
> cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot of tables and
> manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/filter etc was a
> real pain. With the modifications, one can right click on a table cell
> and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
>
> assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is added to the
> recorder.
>
> If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> changes.
>
> btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me hours
> of painful work.
>
> Sanjiv

assertTable.zip (10K) Download Attachment

Re: assertTable

Patrick Lightbody-3
I suggest you ask your questions on the OpenQA forums, where this
project has moved.

Shinya - anything we can do to migrate this mailing list over?

On Dec 28, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Sanjiv Jivan wrote:

> fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support
> assertTable( cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot
> of tables and manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/
> filter etc was a real pain. With the modifications, one can right
> click on a table cell and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
>
> assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is added to the
> recorder.
>
> If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> changes.
>
> btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me
> hours of painful work.
>
> Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Shinya Kasatani
Hi Sanjiv,

Thanks for the patch. I've incorporated it into svn trunk of Selenium IDE.
Please try it and let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,
Shinya

On 29/12/05, Sanjiv Jivan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here areall the files that I've modified. Let me know if you'd like me to
> provide the patch in a different format.
>

> On 12/28/05, Mick Weiss < [hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > If you ever have any code changes which you think someone may find
> > useful - attach a patch, please.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > - Mick
> >

> > Sanjiv Jivan wrote:
> >
> > > fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support assertTable(
> > > cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot of tables and
> > > manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/filter etc was a
> > > real pain. With the modifications, one can right click on a table cell
> > > and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
> > >
> > > assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is
> added to the
> > > recorder.
> > >
> > > If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> > > changes.
> > >
> > > btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me hours
> > > of painful work.
> > >
> > > Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Shinya Kasatani
Patrick, can I send you a list of subscribers and ask you to subscribe
everyone to the new mailing list?

To list members - please let me know if you don't want to be
subscribed to the new list.

Thanks,
Shinya

On 29/12/05, Patrick Lightbody <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest you ask your questions on the OpenQA forums, where this
> project has moved.
>
> Shinya - anything we can do to migrate this mailing list over?
>
> On Dec 28, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Sanjiv Jivan wrote:
>
> > fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support
> > assertTable( cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot
> > of tables and manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/
> > filter etc was a real pain. With the modifications, one can right
> > click on a table cell and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
> >
> > assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is added to the
> > recorder.
> >
> > If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> > changes.
> >
> > btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me
> > hours of painful work.
> >
> > Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Sanjiv Jivan
Works great. I noticed that Firefox 1.5+ only is supported by this build. Not a big deal, I needed to upgrade anyway. I'll be using the forum from now on.

Thanks,
Sanjiv

On 1/3/06, Shinya Kasatani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sanjiv,

Thanks for the patch. I've incorporated it into svn trunk of Selenium IDE.
Please try it and let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,
Shinya

On 29/12/05, Sanjiv Jivan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here areall the files that I've modified. Let me know if you'd like me to
> provide the patch in a different format.
>

> On 12/28/05, Mick Weiss < [hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > If you ever have any code changes which you think someone may find
> > useful - attach a patch, please.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > - Mick
> >

> > Sanjiv Jivan wrote:
> >
> > > fyi I was able to update the selenium IDE code to support assertTable(
> > > cellAddress, valuePattern). Our application has a lot of tables and
> > > manually adding assertTable(..) for testing sort/page/filter etc was a
> > > real pain. With the modifications, one can right click on a table cell
> > > and select "Add Table Assert" and the command
> > >
> > > assertTable <table_id>.<row>.<col>  <cell_contents> is
> added to the
> > > recorder.
> > >
> > > If this is of interest to others, I'll be happy to submit the code
> > > changes.
> > >
> > > btw great job with the Selenium recorder. Its going to save me hours
> > > of painful work.
> > >
> > > Sanjiv

Re: assertTable

Shinya Kasatani
I've dropped Firefox 1.0 support because in Firefox 1.5 there are some
changes in API and JavaScript functions, and it would be a bit painful
to test the extension with both 1.0 and 1.5.

But if anybody needs 1.0 support for some reason, I will consider
supporting both versions.

Thanks,
Shinya