framesupport merge: defer until iframe layout is supported

framesupport merge: defer until iframe layout is supported

Mike Williams-7
I don't want to break backward compatibility, and force Firefox users to
install extensions for single-window apps. So, I'd like to defer the
framesupport merge until we have the option to retain the current iframe
layout (for TestRunner, at least).

I'm happy to work on making the iframe vs separate window layouts
switchable, on the branch, before the merge.  In fact, I will make this
my #1 priority ... assuming it's easy, we could do the merge later in
the week.

--
cheers, MikeW                            http://www.dogbiscuit.org/mdub/

Re: framesupport merge: defer until iframe layout is support

R-24
I'm happy to work on that too :-) .

Re: framesupport merge: defer until iframe layout is supported

Dan Fabulich
Mike Williams wrote:

> I'm happy to work on making the iframe vs separate window layouts switchable,
> on the branch, before the merge.  In fact, I will make this my #1 priority
> ... assuming it's easy, we could do the merge later in the week.

OK, it shouldn't be too hard.  I direct your attention to the
"framesupport" branch, which includes the latest changes from trunk as of
Friday.

I think adding Iframe support back in is simply a matter of adding the
iframe back in to TestRunner.html and SeleneseRunner.html, and ensuring
that -testrunner.js and -seleneserunner.js no longer pop-open a new
window, but instead simply call Selenium .createForWindow on the iframe's
window object.

As for making the iframe "optional", one way that could be implemented
would be to add a new command to the Selenium API called something like
"openInPopup" that would open the specified URL in a pop-up window with a
specified name/id.  Then, if the user wanted to test a frame-busting app,
they would prepend

openInPopup|http://myurl|mywindow
waitForPopup|mywindow
selectWindow|mywindow