geckodriver 0.15.0 released

Andreas Tolfsen
I’m pleased to announce the release of geckodriver version 0.15.0.

geckodriver is the Mozilla implementation of the WebDriver remote
control interface for Gecko, and provides an HTTPD proxy that
translates the WebDriver protocol to Marionette.

The release binaries can be found in the usual place:

        https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/tag/v0.15.0

You can consult the change log for a record of all notable changes to
the program:

        https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/blob/master/CHANGES.md#0150-2017-03-08

We added routing for the Get Timeouts command in this release, and
made a very notable change in the way HTTP responses are encoded:
the WebDriver standard expects responses to come wrapped in
{value: …} objects, and this unfortunately has backwards
incompatible consequences for those using geckodriver with Selenium.
 If you are affected by this, you must make sure to upgrade to
Selenium 3.3.

We also changed the pointer move action to support an ‘origin’ key,
which makes it possible to start a mouse move either from the
context of the viewport, the current pointer’s current position, or
from an element.  This brings us much closer to full support for
action sequences.

WebDriver implementation status can be tracked on MDN, and covers both
geckodriver and the Marionette remote control protocol:

        https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver/status

Re: [selenium-users] Re: geckodriver 0.15.0 released

Simon Stewart
Hi all,

I just pushed Selenium 3.3.1 to maven, and the artefacts you can download from our site will be up by the end of the day. We missed the issue with unwrapping exceptions properly, and 3.3.1 fixes that. Support for the new timeouts commands will most likely land in 3.4.0, which we'll ship when it's ready --- hopefully not too long, as the way that timeouts is configured has also changed.

I'm counting on the fact that it must still be Thursday somewhere, as it's normally bad form to release on a Friday.

Cheers,

Simon

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 8:47 AM, prudvi raju <[hidden email]> wrote:
After updating my selenium webdriver from 3.0.1 to 3.3.0 , i am getting issues in wait(fluient wait) syntax

below is the code:

WebElement element = wait.until(new Function<WebDriver, WebElement>() {
public WebElement apply(WebDriver driver) {
WebElement element = driver.findElement(pbyLocator);
if(element.isDisplayed()){
return element;
}else{
return null;