get value from a excel file.

anshulyadav1
I want to run a test for 10 times but everytime I run I want to change text that I want to type. for example : i am entering a email id so everytime i run this test i want to run with different email ids. all the email ids are stored in excel file or a text file . I am using selenium Ide. Plz reply ASAP.

Re: get value from a excel file.

kjaladi
Couple of options that I know -
1.You can't do data driven testing using Selenium IDE, but Selenium RC supports this.
2.You can probably write a simple vb app (or) an excel macro which could read your sample test - and then could create multiple tests based on your test data in excel sheet.
3. (or) you can try using hrmes selenium IDE framework - http://sourceforge.net/projects/hrmes/

thanks, Kiran.

anshulyadav1 wrote
I want to run a test for 10 times but everytime I run I want to change text that I want to type. for example : i am entering a email id so everytime i run this test i want to run with different email ids. all the email ids are stored in excel file or a text file . I am using selenium Ide. Plz reply ASAP.

Re: get value from a excel file.

anshulyadav1
Can u help me in doing this in selenium RC, I am new to selenium and I am not getting this i am trying this from 2 weeks.... thank u in advance
anshulyadav1 wrote
I want to run a test for 10 times but everytime I run I want to change text that I want to type. for example : i am entering a email id so everytime i run this test i want to run with different email ids. all the email ids are stored in excel file or a text file . I am using selenium Ide. Plz reply ASAP.

Re: get value from a excel file.

kjaladi

Re: get value from a excel file.

egab629
1. Install SeLite Addons https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/peter-kehl/selite/ 2. Download CSVRead_Selenium-IDE.js and add to Selenium Core Extensions in IDE Options https://github.com/abhijain2618/csvreader/blob/master/CSVRead_Selenium-IDE.js 3. View this video for help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHKeSRjG5M Hope this helps. Gina