help please!!

UserGR
how can I grab Request URL under network tab. when you do vew->inspect, under net work tab, there is a pending Request URL.
How can I grab that URL with java code in Selenium (Chrome browser). I need to append user/password to this Request URL to get pass through a blackbox where i cannot directly enter userid/pwd.

Appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Re: help please!!

Monika Singhal

Hi,

You can directly get the request URL using selenium web driver. You don't have to inspect the element for this.

Syntax:
driver.getCurrentURL();

Login on any web page is the POST API call. You cannot login directly by appending user name and password in the current URL.

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 8:54:10 AM UTC+5:30, UserGR wrote:
how can I grab Request URL under network tab. when you do vew->inspect, under net work tab, there is a pending Request URL.
How can I grab that URL with java code in Selenium (Chrome browser). I need to append user/password to this Request URL to get pass through a blackbox where i cannot directly enter userid/pwd.

Appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Re: help please!!

Monika Singhal
Updating the code for fetching the current URL:

WebDriver driver = new WebDriver();
String url = driver.getCurrentUrl();