infinite loop in driven mode

GW-5
I downloaded selenium 0.6.0, and am trying to run it in driven mode.

I have an HTA communicationg with my own little webserver which feeds the HTA with selenium commands (The HTA is almost entirely based on SeleneseRunner.html i found in the code version i downloaded)

I am trying to run the simple google test. i.e. load up google, fil the field in, press search.
The test looks like this:
| open | http://www.google.com | |
| type | q | Fanfare |
| click | btnG | |

It seems that it runs into an infinite loop. After loading the google homepage, it keeps running the Type command. The section in the webpage that shows last 4 executed commands show the Type command. At this moment, i am not getting any more GET requests to my webserver.

any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks!

Re: infinite loop in driven mode

GW-5
I seem to have found the answer at:
http://forums.openqa.org/thread.jspa?messageID=1988&#1988

merci !

Re: Re: infinite loop in driven mode

James Sadler-2

Disabling caching on the browser is one way to solve the problem (as the other thread explains), but the most elegant way is to disable caching on the web server by manuipulating the HTTP response.

Use the cache-control meta tag like this (example is servlet based code)

private void disableCache(HttpServletResponse resp) {
   resp.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
}

I have found that the above works in both Mozilla and IE without any specific browser configuration.

On 1/13/06, Preet <[hidden email]> wrote:
I seem to have found the answer at:
http://forums.openqa.org/thread.jspa?messageID=1988&#1988

merci !

James Sadler
[hidden email] / [hidden email]

Re: infinite loop in driven mode

The caching is disabled in the latest Subversion code. It was fixed after the 0.5 release.

Cheers,
Darren.