no soup for driven mode

GW-5
I am getting the following error on the DOS command prompt when running the sample google-test-xmlrpc.py script(or any python or perl script I create):
ERROR: Result queue was empty.

I just started getting the following error on the browser page with http://localhost:8080/AUT/000000A/http/www.google.com:

Title bar = "par.exe Entry point Not found"
Message = "The procedure entry point PL_memory_wrap could not be located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll."

The second error is perplexing as the nph-proxy.exe  was already there and did not require me to use the par utlity to compile it!

Thank you in advance!