public API for extending Selenium IDE

Eleo-3
Hi,
There are some features like assertText that can be universally used by all applications however certain apps use widgets across their apps that require custom but frequently used asserts.

For example my app has a lot of editable tables where the td cell has an input box and I need to assert the value of the input box within a cell (see http://forums.openqa.org/thread.jspa?threadID=1006&tstart=0). For this I'd like to expose a Selenium IDE menu item that generates my custom assert.

It would be nice Selenium IDE provided an API which allowed the user to programatically extend the menu item at runtime. For example a selenium-ide-extensions.js or simply a text area in the Options dialog where the user could add custom actions.

Having a public API to extend Selenium IDE will also encourage more people writing functionality that can be rolled back into the main codebase.

Let me know your thoughts..

Thanks,
Sanjiv

Re: public API for extending Selenium IDE

Alexandre Garel

Sanjiv Jivan a écrit :

>Having a public API to extend Selenium IDE will also encourage more people writing functionality that can be rolled back into the main codebase.

I think it would also be nice if the method responsible for producing
locators could be overloaded in this file.
For example, in apps I test, tables are made of many nasty inner tables
(old way thanks to Struts-layout) so I made my own locators for that
kind of thing, I could write a method to recognize that case and use my
locator.
This may also encourage tricky locators recognition method to be
contributed.

Alex

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.