selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: /chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: /chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

Ranjana Palanivel

Hi All,

While running python selenium script with headless chrome on Ubuntu server ,getting 'chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127' error is thrown.

(a)This is due to the version of Chromedriver?

Then,I have installed selenium by using the command "pip install selenium".Is this ok? Or  Do I need to install Selenium Server?

Can anyone please help me out on this.
 I have used the below code in my script
def setUp(self):
# Option 1 - with ChromeOptions
chrome_options = webdriver.ChromeOptions()
chrome_options.add_argument('--headless')
driver_path ='/home/ovpadmin/chromedriver'
self.driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path=driver_path, chrome_options=chrome_options,
service_args=['--verbose', '--log-path=/home/ovpadmin/chromedriver.log'])

Ranjana P

selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: /chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

Ranjana Palanivel
Please help me out in resolving the issue
mentioned below:

On Wed 30 May, 2018, 5:39 PM Ranjana Palanivel, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

While running python selenium script with headless chrome on Ubuntu server ,getting 'chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127' error is thrown.

(a)This is due to the version of Chromedriver?

I have installed selenium by using the command "pip install selenium" on Ubuntu server.Is this ok? Or  Do I need to install Selenium Server Version?