switch to default content is not working for me..

switch to default content is not working for me..

Mohanraj K
hi friends
I tried to switch iframe level 4 to main frame by using switch to default content.but it throws exception
"tried to access field com.google.gson.JsonNull.INSTANCE from class org.openqa.selenium.remote.BeanToJsonConverter"
"

Any solution for this case??

----
Disclaimer:
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.

Re: switch to default content is not working for me..

Krishnan Mahadevan

Couple of questions:

  1. Selenium version?
  2. Server component version? [ ChromeDriver/Geckodriver/IEDriverServer]
  3. Browser flavor and version?
  4. Sample code that can be used to reproduce the problem?
  5. A sample page or a public site against which the code can be run?
  6. Complete stacktrace?
  7. Can you get the server logs (referring to [2] )

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Re: switch to default content is not working for me..

total QA

The main objective of default content is before switching to a new frame switch to Top Window.
Anyway Solution for your issue is  use this driver.switchTo().parentFrame(); instead of driver.switchTo().defaultContent();
For complete understanding handling frames,iframe,windows with different logic refer to the url. http://total-qa.com/selenium/handling-windows-frames-iframes/.

Regards,
total-qa.com.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:14:57 AM UTC+5:30, Mohanraj K wrote:
hi friends
I tried to switch iframe level 4 to main frame by using switch to default content.but it throws exception
"tried to access field com.google.gson.JsonNull.INSTANCE from class org.openqa.selenium.remote.BeanToJsonConverter"
"

Any solution for this case??

Re: switch to default content is not working for me..

Mohanraj K
am using selenium version 3.3
Chrome
version-67.0.3396.79

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:22 AM, total QA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The main objective of default content is before switching to a new frame switch to Top Window.
Anyway Solution for your issue is  use this driver.switchTo().parentFrame(); instead of driver.switchTo().defaultContent();
For complete understanding handling frames,iframe,windows with different logic refer to the url. http://total-qa.com/selenium/handling-windows-frames-iframes/.

Regards,

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:14:57 AM UTC+5:30, Mohanraj K wrote:
hi friends
I tried to switch iframe level 4 to main frame by using switch to default content.but it throws exception
"tried to access field com.google.gson.JsonNull.INSTANCE from class org.openqa.selenium.remote.BeanToJsonConverter"
"

Any solution for this case??

Mohanraj.K
appConnect QA Team,