the question for Selenium

GW-5
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about Selenium.

Is it record- playback tool? Is not clearly defined on the site.

Can I use the tool if I'm a black box tester without any programming experience?

Thank you,
Inna

Re: the question for Selenium

GW-5
Selenium is not a record-playback tool. Actually, it's more just for play-back of your testing scripts.

The Selenium IDE is available to provide the standard Record/Playback/Edit scripting behaviours. It's a Firefox extension and works quite well for basic testing needs. So as a black-box tester without experience it should be fine.. just take a good read through the documentation available on the Selenium website.

See this thread for more info on the Selenium IDE.
http://forums.openqa.org/thread.jspa?threadID=1177&tstart=0