unable to access Objects | using x-path | object name

unable to access Objects | using x-path | object name

GW-5
Hi All

I am facing a typical issue, while creating a test script in selenium, and having selenium click on a button which does not have a "name" attribute to it. I tried using x-path, however x-path doesnt seem to be working in Internet Explorer (IE). Please advise is there any other way to have selenium perform some action(click) on this button or how can we use x-path in IE.

Regards
~ Kapil

Re: unable to access Objects | using x-path | object name

Thomas Milne
Can you post the html and the xpath expressions you've tried which have
failed? I've also experienced problems with certain forms of xpath in IE
but often trying a different xpath approach will work.

Regards
-Thomas

Kapil wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I am facing a typical issue, while creating a test script in selenium, and having selenium click on a button which does not have a "name" attribute to it. I tried using x-path, however x-path doesnt seem to be working in Internet Explorer (IE). Please advise is there any other way to have selenium perform some action(click) on this button or how can we use x-path in IE.
>
>Regards
>~ Kapil

Re: unable to access Objects | using x-path | object name

GW-5
Hi Thomas

Yes, I could definately post the html, however i guess i was able to find a work around using the DOM Id of the object(using IE DOM Inspector).

~ Kapil